Where do you grow your berries?
We partner with Stokes Berry Farm, which has a seasonal climate and fertile soils. We believe these qualities enrich development of our berries making BetterBerri unique.
What is the BetterBerri Jewel Box?
The BetterBerri Jewel Box is a monthly supply of black raspberry pouches. Certain fruits have nutritional limitations. Fresh berries only last a couple days in your refrigerator and frozen berries can't travel far from your freezer. The BetterBerri Jewel Box breaks down these barriers by making powerful nutrition easy and accessible for everyone.
The story begins at the fruit farm.
Once a berry is removed from its vine it immediately starts to decompose. To prevent decomposition, we take 50 fresh berries (about the size of a small package of berries you might find at the grocery store or farm stand) and then immediately put them through our custom freeze-drying process to condense any liquid into a gas. This process locks-in key nutrition levels and preserves 90% of the fruits original nutritional profile. After condensing the berries into a powder form we put them into a convenient easy-to-use pouch equivalent to a single serving size of fruit. You can now take this whole-fruit pouch wherever you go!
To make things even easier we offer these pouches in the Jewel Box. Start out with the 20 Pouch Jewel Box and then come back for a subscription!
So what's your process?
How much fruit is in one BetterBerri serving?
One BetterBerri serving is equal to about 1.8 oz. or one half-cup fresh of black raspberries.
How much fruit should I eat each day?
The amount of fruit you need to eat depends on age, sex, and level of physical activity. In general, the USDA recommends a diverse daily intake of three to four servings of fruit, which is the equivalent to 1.5 to 2 cups of fruit.
The good thing about BetterBerri is that it brings diversity to your daily intake of fruits and vegetables and convenience you can take with you anywhere.
Where did the sugars and carbohydrates on your label come from?
All the ingredients for BetterBerri are derived from real fruit and since real fruit contains sugar and carbohydrates, BetterBerri contains them too. We don’t add extra sugar to BetterBerri.
Where can I buy BetterBerri?
We currently sell BetterBerri on our website and a few select locations. Visit our virtual storefront to purchase delicious berries.
Is BetterBerri gluten-free?
Our company makes gluten-free label claims because none of the ingredients in our products are derived from grains or flours that have been linked to malabsorption syndrome associated with gluten sensitivity.
Is BetterBerri vegan?
There are actually no established FDA standards for the term vegan. A common definition for a vegan is “a vegan is a person who does not eat animal products, including meat, fish, seafood, eggs, and dairy.” BetterBerri can be considered vegan.
Is BetterBerri Kosher?
BetterBerri is processed at a facility certified by the Orthodox Union. Contact us directly and we’ll provide our letter of certification.
Can I buy the BetterBerri Jewel Box in bulk for my store?
We sell BetterBerri in containers, 5 pack single serving sample pouches, and full and half-size pouch boxes on our website. You can contact email@example.com for large order and wholesale pricing.
Where did the idea for BetterBerri come from?
The idea came on a hiking trip. Two friends were looking for something that was functional, portable and fresh. They wanted a fruit that had a more nutritious punch than regular freeze dried fruit, but without the extra ingredients found in sugary drink mixes and powders. Already familiar with the research an Ohio berry farmer was doing at Stokes Farm the BetterBerri mission was born soon after.
Why black raspberries?
Black raspberries are unique and have been in use medicinally for centuries. Only recently have medical researchers begun to scratch the surface of the true health benefits and limitless possibilities of black raspberries' ability to intervene in chronic diseases.*
Is a black raspberry different than a blackberry?
Yes! The black raspberry is actually a close relative of the red raspberry, only differing in its unique taste and powerful nutritional properties. The black fruit makes it look a lot like a blackberry, but this is only superficial, as the sweet and tart flavor of a black raspberry packs a greater punch for the palate.
When I mix BetterBerri powder in liquid it can be gritty and occasionally have sediment at the bottom, why?
The bits in your mouth are real black raspberry pieces. We use every part of the berry because its seed, skin, pulp, and delicious nectar offer organic synergy. We believe in preserving the natural makeup of the berry so that its living bioactives can work together and nourish your body naturally.
What vitamins and minerals are in black raspberries? What are the health benefits?
Few commonly eaten fruits are able to provide us with a greater diversity of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients than raspberries. Berry fruits contain many important dietary components such as vitamins, folate, minerals and fiber, but it’s their polyphenolic content that their biological action is most often attributed. It’s thought that these effects are synergistic.
The nutritional synergy in black raspberries acts to:
- Boost your Immune System with Antioxidants and Anti-inflammatory Phytonutrients: Black raspberries are teaming with high level phytonutrients like anthocyanins, ellagic acid, ferulic acid, flavonols, flavanals, b-sitosterol, and flavonoids to reduce excessive inflammation and oxidative stress. The phytonutrients in raspberries help lower risk of chronic oxidative stress and inflammation by helping to regulate enzymes that could trigger unwanted inflammation.*
- Naturally Cleanse and Detoxify your Body with Fiber: Our bodies were created with mechanisms to cleanse and detoxify themselves without taking overpriced pills or magic elixirs. Leafy greens and foods with fiber, such as black raspberries, work to break down unwanted toxins that build up over time. A healthy detox will combine real foods with real ingredients.
- Propel Prebiotic Life and Gut Health: Black raspberries contain high counts of the same friendly bacterium found in yogurt to help promote good digestion. There’s been additional studies concerning another raspberry phytonutrient’s ability to neutralize an enzyme in the digestive tract that turns starches into sugar, which helps to stabilize blood sugar levels.
Are the berries used by wellberri organic?
BetterBerri is processed at a facility that was certified organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI).
So what makes BetterBerri better? (Picture)
We understand that nutritional information can be confusing so we’ll keep it simple by sticking to the facts.
The mission of BetterBerri is to provide healthy wholesome nutrition from good growing conditions and a careful process for everyone to enjoy. We partner with the Stokes Berry Farm and other single farms (when we need to) that grow unique berry varieties for university research.
- Wholesome Nutrition: Removing parts of the berry can reduce its nutritional power. For example, the juice in a berry works to extract bioactives from its seed, allowing it to flourish and mature. Removing the seed can disrupt this delicate organic process. We believe the wholesome and natural synergy of foods provide an optimal dose of health benefits, and its why we leave the organic makeup of the black raspberries - or any berry we use - intact.
- Growing Conditions: Berries grown in the USA must follow a strict set of standards while growing conditions in other countries are regulated differently. Growing conditions matter, which is why we practice origin and grower labeling. We only source berries that grow in the mineral-rich soils of select single farm partners that receive a full-season growing cycle. For example, Ohio is one of only four states in which over 50 percent of land is classified by the USDA as the best conditions for growing food. We only use berries grown in conditions such as this, and other conditions in USDA Hardiness Zones 5 through 7 which are suitable to producing the right berry. The climate in these zones receives an ideal amount of rainfall, and creates the best possible conditions for growing berries that are unique.
- Our Process: It takes two years of careful care before a raspberry plant produces fruit. Altogether the plant goes through eight full growing seasons of summer, fall, winter, and spring before reaching maturity. Picking berries at the right time can impact nutritional integrity. For example, picking berries too soon can result in less antioxidants and poor color quality while picking too late can affect its flavor. Our farm partners pick the berries we use at just the right time for the best possible nutritional profile and full flavor. During harvest we ensure that berries move into frozen storage within thirty minutes of being picked and are not left to rot in the hot sun.
*The statements herein have not been approved by the FDA. BetterBerri is not intended to treat, prevent, or cure any disease.